Welcome to Stitches ‘n Dishes!
Stitches ‘n Dishes is a destination for food concessionaires, mobile restaurants, gourmet food trucks and their fans and followers.
Stitches ‘n Dishes™ is the brainchild of Christopher Ford and Andrew Nicora. We named it after our dog Stitch, a Terrier and Bichon mix. As a matter of fact, it was Stitch who inspired us to start the site.
You see, like our readers and clients, Stitch is a gourmand of sorts. He has a particularly well-developed palate. Stitch enjoys a little Starkist White Tuna sprinkled lightly over his Blue Buffalo chicken dry mix. You can read all about him here.
We’re just a couple of guys living near the American River in Rancho Cordova, CA, who have worked in the food / beverage / entertainment industries for over 20 years.
Our story is simple.
We wanted a project that would allow us to merge our passion for wonderful food (created by artistic and talented people), with great photography, and we wanted to showcase the best of both in one awesome destination.
We are in the early stages of developing Stitches ‘n Dishes, but the stories and the folks we’ve already covered include everything from fresh-from-the-oven warm cinnamon rolls created by a local concessionaire to the Governor of California.
Our editorial coverage will include reviews of concessionaires and mobile food purveyors (if you’re reviewer/critic or a passionate foodie, we’d love to hear from you!), the latest trends, and we will always pair it with the highest quality photography and video.
But Stitches ‘n Dishes will be more than just a foodie blog. Its cornerstone will be supporting one of the hardest working segments of America’s economy: the independent food purveyor.
These are the men and women who get up in the wee hours of the morning everyday to begin chopping, stirring, cooking, and creating their amazing fare. Then they hit the streets, fair grounds and parks to provide their meals and delectables to an ever-growing population of fans and followers who tweet, ‘like’, email and share their latest discovery to their community.
Understanding this, Stitches ‘n Dishes was created to support this exploding community by shouldering many of the marketing and promotion responsibilities associated with running a portable food business.
Stitches n Dishes is a one-stop destination where portable food business owners can get the support and the marketing tools they need to drive the highest amount of targeted traffic to their location, wherever that may be.
Here are just a few ways we can help you:
- High Quality Photography – have your menu items professionally styled and photographed
- Profile Pages on the Stitches ‘n Dishes website that include: links to all of your social media networks, websites, or blogs, a rotating photo album of your menu items, and a well-crafted biography of the the principal owner(s).
- Professionally written and distributed social media press releases (attracting the attention of media is paramount to the success of mobile food vendors)
- A Mobile Marketing Solution Package that includes: 4×6 postcard campaigns, Quick Response Codes, Custom Designed Twitter Backgrounds, and a Mobile Enabled Website.
- Access to our ever-expanding online educational tools and resource library.
- Private, customized 1-on-1 sessions with a professional Marketing Coach
And much more
Are you a food blogger, truck chaser, foodie or reviewer? We would love to hear from you! We welcome contributions from writers anywhere in California for feature articles and food reviews about county fair concessionaires, food trucks, caterers or mail-order bakers. Please contact Stitch at: email@example.com